About Shine Editorial
I (Lindsey Roffe) am a sole trader operating as Shine Editorial. I offer freelance writing, editing, proofreading and research services. I am committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that personal information is held in a safe and responsible way. This policy describes how I use the information you provide when:
• Using this website
• Communicating with Shine Editorial
• Client work is undertaken for writing, editing, proofreading or research work.
I take the privacy of your personal data seriously and the following principles guide how I manage your data:
• I minimise the personal data I collect and hold
• I am clear about what personal data I collect and why
• I store personal data securely
• I do not share your personal data with other organisations.
Personal data collected
I store names, email addresses and telephone numbers in order to communicate and work with clients, suppliers and sector organisations. Contact details are provided by the individuals themselves through emails, the contact form on the Shine Editorial website via Wix, telephone conversations, virtual and in-person networking.
In contacting Shine Editorial to ask about my services or to request work is completed on your behalf, I will require the following information from you:
• Email address
• Telephone number
• Project information in order to fully respond to your enquiry
• Postal address for invoicing
• All necessary files to fulfil the brief and complete the work.
This information is only ever requested for contractual reasons or to fulfil my legal and accounting obligations with the tax authority (HMRC).
I also gather certain information from my website to better understand how visitors use it and to enable improved functionality of the website.
I do not use or share client data for marketing or promotional purposes. If I request a client testimonial from you, I will only use your name alongside the testimonial once written permission has been granted. I do not share client information with any third parties unless permission is granted to do so, or I have to provide information by law.
How long do I keep the data?
I am required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for six years. If working with clients on a repeat basis, I do not delete their data and contact details unless requested to do so.
Where do I store the data?
The data I hold is stored on:
• Computer hard drive – my computer is password-protected and I use Kaspersky security software
• Microsoft Office emails – emails are stored on my password-protected account
• Microsoft OneDrive – a cloud-based file management system accessed via my password-protected computer.
If clients would prefer, files can be stored on my external hard drive (rather than via an online cloud-based system) and files deleted on completion of work. Please email to discuss.
My website and online accounts
My website is password-protected and has SSL-certification to provide an additional layer of security.
I use social media accounts to connect and communicate with colleagues, potential and existing clients and relevant organisations and businesses. These include:
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a website visitor's browser. They are typically used to keep track of the settings users have selected and actions they have taken on a website.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about the data I may have collected about you, please contact me via .